ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance Plans
ICICI Lombard General Insurance is the leading private segment general insurance company in the country. It is a combined venture between ICICI Bank Ltd, India’s 2nd major bank and Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd, a Canadian financial services company based in Toronto. The company offers insurance products such as home insurance, weather insurance, health insurance, car insurance, international travel insurance, domestic travel insurance, student overseas travel insurance, two wheeler insurance, etc.
Travelling is truly a rejuvenating experience. But there always looms a fear of the unforeseen. A sudden illness, luggage mix-ups or documents getting misplaced are some of the most likely situations which one may have to face while travelling.
ICICI Lombard, one of India’s leading general insurance providers, offers some wonderful solutions to put your travel-related apprehensions to rest. ICICI’s travel insurance policies have been specially designed keeping in mind not only the different situations which may arise during one’s travels, but also the needs of various kinds of travellers. ICICI Lombard currently offers international travel insurance policies for Single Trips, for Senior Citizens and for frequent travellers making trips abroad.
The reasons why should we buy travel insurance from ICICI Lombard
- The travel insurance plans from ICICI Lombard offer affordable cover to explore international destinations.
- The US$25,000 travel insurance policy for Asia from the insurer protects you against trip delays, baggage loss, accidents, and extension of stay.
- Frequent travellers can purchase the Gold Multi Trip plan from ICICI Lombard and get protection for up to 30, 45, or 60 days per trip, annually.
- The coverage offered by the plans from ICICI Lombard ensures that you travel without any worries. The insurance company offers travel insurance plans that offer a sum assured up to US$500,000.
- There are no medical tests necessary to avail travel insurance protection. The plans from ICICI Lombard offer coverage up to 85 years of age, without any medical examination.
- The travel insurance plans from the insurer offer cashless hospitalisation facility worldwide.
- The insurance company offers coverage for total loss of baggage that was checked-in. This coverage also includes handbags.
Following are the different types of ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance:
International Travel Insurance-Single Round Trip: This travel insurance policy has been designed for those planning a trip abroad, be it for vacation or business. Shield yourself from any medical and non-medical emergencies with this comprehensive insurance and travel without a worry. Few of the benefits are: Under the Single Round Trip policy, you are covered for Total Loss of Checked In Baggage, including handbags. The coverage amount is US$500. The plan provides medical insurance cover, including medical evacuation costs. The medical sum assured is inclusive of repatriation cost for mortal remains.
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance: While travelling abroad, it becomes all the more important for one to be prepared for any emergencies that may arise, medical or non-medical. Not only do they cause much inconvenience but also affect your well-planned travel budget. With the ICICI Lombard Senior Citizen Travel Insurance, make the most of your trip without any worries. Few benefits are: Medical cover between US$25,000 to US$50,000 is offered by the plan. This includes medical evacuation costs as well. Repatriation of mortal remains is covered under the policy. The coverage amount is US$7,500. The plan offers coverage for delay in receiving the checked-in baggage. The coverage amount is US$100. Loss of passport coverage worth US$300 is provided by the plan.
Travel Insurance – Gold Multi Trip: As a frequent traveller, taking individual travel insurance policies can not only be time consuming but also uneconomical. The Gold Multi Trip Travel Insurance has been designed especially for those who make frequent trips abroad. An individual between the age of 3 months and 70 years is eligible to apply for the multi trip policy. The coverage of the plan includes: Medical cover worth US$7,500. This includes medical evacuation costs as well. Repatriation of mortal remains is covered under the policy. The coverage amount is US$7,500. Coverage for dental treatment is US$300. Coverage for total loss of checked-in baggage is US$500.
Asia Plan: This product has been specifically designed for customers travelling to neighbouring countries. The coverage offered by the plan are: Medical cover worth US$25,000. This includes medical evacuation costs as well. Repatriation of mortal remains is covered under the policy. The coverage amount is US$7,500. Coverage for dental treatment is US$300. Coverage for total loss of checked-in baggage is US$500.